Friday, June 16, 2006

it's like i'm losing my mind

This whole business of being sick (and staying that way) has totally fried my brains, I’m certain. I’ve been getting these weird dreams day after day. I woke up tired and dreading the drive to work, coz it felt like I haven’t slept at all.

Just yesterday, I dreamt I was in this bicycle entourage, touring to dunno where. You know, something like those big adventures we have in Primary 2. Anyway, there were a bunch of us, almost 10 persons. None of them are my friends or anyone I barely know. Funny how I can dream up normal looking stranger faces. Everyone has a super kick-ass mountain bike. Everyone except for me, that is. All I got was this lousy chair with wheels at the bottom, like those upholstered office chairs.

I’M SUPPOSED TO GO TOURING ON THAT THING???

Not sure how I managed it but I was side by side with the group at all times wherever they went. However, at one point, the chair became just a chair – hard, wooden, no wheels. Although it doesn’t make much sense, I was thinking “Hmm.... this is quite a predicament, isn't it?”


Reminder to self: No matter how much common sense you think you have, all of it goes out the window when you’re sleeping.

I wonder if my dreams are trying to tell me something. You know, people say dreams are often a reflection of reality. If you dreamt of flying, it signifies control, freedom, success or power. If you dreamt of being naked in public places, it means you’re feeling vulnerable or have a fear of being ridiculed. But if you dreamt of getting around the town in a chair as your main means of transport, that’s just weird!


I hope the next time I get stuck in a ridiculous dream like this, I’ll slap myself silly and go back to sleep.

0 comments: