Tuesday, October 14, 2008

escapism

Some days I wake up and I feel like I'm 30, which is what I'll be in a couple of months time. This doesn't usually happen and I'm not aversed to aging but today is one of those days that I actually feel old and lousy.

Well, maybe growing older is not the real issue here. It's growing 30.

When I was in my teens, 30 seemed a lifetime away. Turning 30 is for old people. Old people who would've accomplished many things and has life in the palm of his/her hand. He would be the owner of a metallic convertible. She would travel to any country she fancy. He would run his own million dollar business or at least be a top executive in a multinational firm. She would have a career, a loving boyfriend and live in an apartment on the hill with breathtaking views of the city.

So I'm turning 30 and I'm wondering where I stand in my path of life. Have I achieved everything that I possibly could? Or am I procrastinating my life away?

********

The other day I decided I should take off and travel on my own for a bit. I've always wanted to do this solo self-discovery travel the world thingy. There's so many places I could go that I can't quite decide.

I wanted something quiet and non-hectic. A place to stay that's cozy and homey. That is how I found Greece.

This is a house in Agios Vasillis. It comes one bedroom with a queen size bed, living room, fully equipped kitchen and bathroom with marble shower. From the balcony, I may enjoy a panoramic view of the Mykonos town, harbour, and islands beyond. The sunsets are said to be magnificent. This house can be mine for Euros 150 per day with a minimum 7 days rental period.








Alternatively, there's this Hotel Heliotopos that looks so chic and romantic and yet rather homey. I like how everything's white in Greece. See the pretty butterflies on the restaurant walls.















I can imagine myself bumming around sipping on orange juice while contemplating mind-numbing questions like what to have for dinner or where shall I go tomorrow.

Source:
http://www.mykonoshappyhomes.com/house_agios_vasillis.html
http://hotel.heliotopos.net/

0 comments: