Tuesday, November 10, 2009

sunny days, sweepin the clouds away


I'm simply loving Google Doodle for the week! It's a bunch of Sesame Street inspired doodle because it's their 40th anniversary this year!

1. It started with the Cookie Monster devouring the "oo" on the 4th




2. Then Bert and Ernie on the 6th



Ernie's my favourite! I love Ernie and his rubber duckie! They're good friends but so different. Even appearance wise, Ernie's chubby and round like an orange while Bert is tall and thin like a banana. For the longest time I thought they were brothers coz they sleep in the same room, haha

3. Oscar the Grouch on 7th




4. Elmo on 8th



5. And Count von Count, or simply The Count, on the 9th



Another of my favourite character. He's the greatest dracula ever, haha. The Count, like his namesake, loves to count. Notice how "Google" look like numbers instead. So cute.

These doodles appear on other countries Google webpage:


6. Big Bird



7. Ieniemienie (Belgium, Netherlands)



8. Boombah & Chamki (India)



9. Abigail (Israel)



10. Kami (South Africa)



11. Aberlardo Montoya (Mexico)



You know, during my days, there's no Ieniemienie or Boombah or Aberlardo. I really don't know who they are. Mine's old-skool, hehe.

Wonder if there'll be any new ones today...

My boyfren don't get why I love Sesame Street so much. He branded them as scary and he thinks talking puppets are a little freaky. Well, I practically grew up with them and I give them partial credit for my non-broken Engrish ;) I still watch them sometimes and some of their sketches are damn funny!


One day, while he was sleeping, I took the liberty of saving some Sesame Street clips into his mobile phone, mostly so I could watch them when I feel like it. Nothing substantially educational, just some silly songs like the ones below. He wasn't too pleased, initially, but for a period of time after that, he couldn't stop singing "Lime in the Coconut" and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world when Kermit shouts "Doctor!". I converted him into a fan, hehe

So, for your entertainment...

















*Update*

Google Doodle for the 10th!




Looks like it may be the last one though, coz the whole family's here! :)

0 comments: