Wednesday, December 30, 2009

mr angry man


I know this person that has an explosive personality (explosive being an understatement). The forces of nature have conspired to result in my unfortunate luck of reporting to such a person. I could be doing something right, or I could be doing something wrong, but I still get shouted at, more than anyone in the office, and consistently too. I've been counting the days when I don't get shouted at in the past 2 months and those days were weekends or when he was away or we were away on business trips.

So what do you call this sort of person?

I don't know, but a barking mad dog comes to mind.



Like a crazy rottweiler, he will bite at you for no reason and not let go until his jaws get tired. Couple of weeks ago I would’ve reacted badly to any outburst which I deem unjust. The magnitude of my reactions would be a tit for tat, an eye for an eye, which naturally led to him getting angier and louder, intent on getting the last say. Nowadays, I just don't react to his verbal torrents but that seem to upset him more. Gah.



It hasn’t always been so bad. He was one of my favourite persons once. Now, I can’t even bear to sit on the same lunch table (can’t avoid meeting tables you know). I cringe when I hear him calling me on the stupid speakerphone that swallow words (he gets upset if he has to repeat what he just said) and I feel like going home everytime he ask to see me (mostly he orders me to see him). In fact, I don't particularly feel like getting out of bed, EVERY MORNING.



My rant can fill the pages of a Lord of the Rings novel, so it's suffice to say I will go insane very soon. What's worse, I may turn into him *shudders*.

0 comments: