Saturday, December 17, 2011

watch and eat

I went for a cooking demo today and learned that it's actually very easy to make cake pops. It's soooo easy you wouldn't believe it. I can throw such awesome parties now!


I also learned how to fillet a whole salmon fish. Not that there's any need for me to fillet a whole salmon (or buy one in the first place) but I once watched an episode of Masterchef where the contestants had to fillet a salmon fish and some of them did it rather hideously. I guess the knowledge would come in handy should I want to fillet any fish. It should work the same way, right?

Anyhoo, the salmon fillets were used to make gravlax, like the ones they sell in Ikea. The instructor also taught us how to make bouncy poached prawns. It's in the ice ice water baby. No wonder mine always turn out slightly mushy.


Here comes my favourite, mince pies! I was thinking of making some for an xmas party next week but I thought it's kinda complicated-ish... so I chickened out. It's definitely not as easy as cake pops but not as hard as I thought.


This is Chef Bernard Lee in action. He's funny and because of that the class is pretty interactive.


Of course, we get to eat everything after that and have seconds AND thirds. Much fun!

0 comments: