Saturday, December 08, 2007

album plug: The Reminder

Lovin it: Feist and La Bodega's banana and fig smoothie. They go so well together on a summery day.



Leslie Feist, a Canadian indie folk singer and songwriter with (what I could best describe as) a quietly beautiful voice. She sings stories of love and relationships, such that are poetic and honest and painful in its simplicity. Although her music seemed to cross into various genres (from the jazzy sounding So Sorry to the gospel-like Sea Lion Woman), it doesn't come across as random. It took me two spins to be completely infatuated with this album. So besotted am I that I'm currently using I Feel It All as my caller ringtone ^__^

A very gorgeous spec video of one of my fav song, Brandy Alexander, which showcases the quietly beautiful quality of her voice that I spoke about. And I think it's very clever how she likens being so in love with someone to an addiction/dependence. So brilliant, so good. Simply love it!



0 comments: