Friday, December 21, 2007

Vietnam, here i come!

I'll be on leave until next year! This is so cool!

Backpack filled to the brim (almost): Check
Roundtrip air tickets: Check
Passport: Check
Cash: Check
Panadol and charcoal pills: Check
Walking shoes: Check

I think I'm ready.

For some reason, I find that the more I travel, the lighter my backpack gets. There seemed to be less junk compared to what I had packed for Jogja, considering I'll be spending 11 days in Vietnam. I have enough change of clothes for 5 days so at some point there has to be a laundry day, or I shall be forced to wear my tees inside out.

We fly in to Hanoi. The plan is to travel down to Hoi An and maybe Ho Chi Minh City, if time permits, then back to Hanoi and poke around a bit. As usual, there's no fixed travelling plans so we'll see how it goes. Would definitely be more exciting if I could do a solo tour of Hanoi, as initially planned. Have always wanted to travel on my own to a foreign country where I can't speak the native tongue. Next time then.

I should not run out of cash this time. I hope I don't run out of cash.

Regretfully, I won't be spending xmas and new year's with family and friends this year. We have this tradition thingy. Every year, we gather all our friends and do dinner/something. It's always big, always good. Kinda sad I'll be missing out on it. Sniff. I don't care, you guys must do another gathering when I get back... OK ar. OK, set.

Haiya, will also miss out baby Ashton's full moon. Some kai-ma I'm turning out to be. Eh how come like gonna miss out on so many things wan. Eeee.... I better stop or I'll come up with a longer list.

This should be good la. Wish me luck! And pray I have enough money for souvenirs, hehe.

0 comments: