Thursday, October 28, 2010

London 2010: the case of the missing hour

It's about 7:30am London time and I'm already up. Think I'm having a little wee bit jet-lagged. Got in at 7:30pm London time (2:30am Malaysian time), which works out to a 14-hour flight. I thought it was 13 hours? Where did that extra hour come from?

Neways, when Airasia launched it's London route, I said it was suicidal to take such a looong flight with narrow seats and no in-flight entertainment. Look what I did to myself....

3:33pm. Only 3 hours into the flight and 10 more hours to go...*sigh* *groan*. They served us lunch about an hour ago, late because there was a small turbulence... soooo hungry by then. I think I’m in love with Airasia’s in-flight meal. I had a lovely chicken spinach lasagna and it was piping hot and delicious! I’ll fly Airasia just for the plane food haha. Still, I can’t say I’m equally impressed with their plastic cutlery. The ends of my fork broke and even though I prodded and sifted through what remained of my lunch, I couldn’t find the other bit...ugh.



6:16pm. The sky is still so bright that it’s hard to tell what time it really is. Took a short nap earlier and found that the seat only reclined by 10 degrees or so. Good thing I’m not taking the red-eye. In fact, I should try to stay awake as much as I can because it’s only 11:16am in London and I wouldn’t want to get seriously jet-lagged when I get there. I’m beginning to feel bored and my bum hurts. I’m also stuck in my choice of window seat and the guy next to me seems to prefer to keep to himself. Oh well. I’ll go play with my pictures now.



9:41pm. I’ve been occupying myself with Solitaire for the past 2 hours or so and I’m awfully hungry right now. Where’s my food?? I’ve always said I cannot imagine sitting in a plane for more than 10 hours and especially in an Airasia flight but look at me now, taking a 13-hour flight to London. Actually it's better than I imagined. The seats are definitely more spacious (it’s an Airbus after all) and there's an entertainment module I can purchase for RM30 if I'm totally bored outta my wits. So far, I've read 3 chapters of A House for Mr Biswas (funny), played said Solitaire, slept, oh and I finally spoke to the guy next to me. He's from Scotland and he's been on holiday for 3 months...so nice.

Overall, the flight was pleasant, love love love the food, and it's on time. I haven't been on an Airasia flight that was delayed, ever. Touch wood. I'm thinking of doing more trips to Europe now. Spain next year, maybe?

0 comments: