Friday, October 29, 2010

London 2010: Tower Hill to Temple

It was an overcast day (boo for photography) and my old body that's not adjusting well to the time difference had me only leaving the house at 12pm. Since I'm not particularly in a thinking mood or art appreciation mood, I decided to go to Tower Hill and work my way from there.


#1. This is Tower Bridge. Many people get it wrong, including Fergie Ferg.


#2. Her London London Bridge that wanna go down everytime she came around, actually look like this. Not impressive looking compared to Tower Bridge but imagine her singing "My Tower Tower Bridge wanna go down"...don't think it's gonna work.

This is actually the New London Bridge. The Old London Bridge was located about 100m from this current bridge and used to have houses and shops built on it. The Old London Bridge was almost 600 years old when it was finally demolished in 1831.

It was a pleasant day to walk along the Thames River. Even though it wasn't very cold, the strong wind made my bones shiver. A windbreaker is very necessary and I'm glad I brought mine, as ugly as it is.


#3. St. Paul's Cathedral. Many important services were and are still being held at St. Paul's, including the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. There's a lot of benches within the church compound and it's nice to just sit around for a bit. Oh, I saw a big fat squirrel, almost the size of a cat!


#4. I decided to see the Temple Church made famous in The Da Vinci Code. It was bloody hard looking for this church and for a couple of times I suspected it doesn't really exist. But Lonely Planet said it does and after I circled the place a few times, found a small sign in an alley that lead to it. Now, I don't remember what was it Professor Langdon found in Temple Church and I didn't get a chance to find out coz it was closed by the time I got there (closes at 4pm)...bummer.


#5. Everyday can be a Friday!


#6. Stumbled upon this interesting building on Queen Victoria Street. It's an HSBC branch. Just love the modern architecture.

I capped off the day with a ducky dinner at Four Seasons (not the hotel chain I thought it was, haha) and a stroll in Soho. Good end to Day 1!

0 comments: