Monday, April 24, 2006

i'm sky high

And there I stood, in greatest awe... and trepidation...



...just what have I gotten myself into this time *groans*

To be honest, I went with no expectations, not knowing what to expect. All I was told was, reverse bungee jump, ball thingy, wires, and some other vague descriptions. In my mind, I was trying to imagine how it would look like. It's bungee so some part of my legs would be tied, rite? Maybe "G-Force-X" is a roller coaster, coz that's what it sounds like. A very exciting roller coaster.

But I kid myself.



There was the ball thingy, as promised. Attached on its sides are cables, not very big reassuring ones but ones that would instead become the rubberband in a slingshot. They strapped us down, just a buckle and shoulder harness. Doesn't feel like it's enough when we would go flying through the air. I pulled the harness as far down as it would go.


Once they felt we were ready, they told us to relax and the ball started to tilt backwards! I was looking at the sky, a soothing blue on a sunny slightly overcast day, a day that would be perfect for a little picnic. But here I am, fingers all cold and clammy.

Should I close my eyes? No... then I can't see anything. Open? I'm pretty sure all I would see is a blur of colours. Should I bother? In the midst of contemplation, they launched us into the air, like a slingshot. I hate it when people do that.

My eyes can hardly open, as much as I will them to. Partly due to panic, partly the force from the speed. At the peak of the launch, the ball rotated! Scary. The pull back was less powerful than I expected and the ball "bounced" 3 more times and rotated some more along the way before we came to a stop. I'll say, the ending was a bit of an anti climax.

But I did it! I survived the G!

OK, no more stupid pacts after this.

0 comments: