Monday, April 17, 2006

sick and tired, crazy and bored

Dav asked what I’ll be doing this coming Saturday. Does he mean besides the usual eat sleep and vegetate? Judging from the look he gave me, I got this vague feeling that we had made some plans but I conveniently forgot about it.

“Did I erm... made some plans for the weekend?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Oh. Err... like what?”
“Reverse bungee jump.”

Oh shit!! Did I really???

“Ahh... how come I don’t quite remember saying I’ll do it this weekend wan?”
“Got la.... you think and see.”

And he was right. We did talk about it and we did agree to do it, one month ago.


See, a little bit more than a month ago we were both lamenting about how our lives are so boring, that nothing exciting ever happens. We work eat sleep, rinse and repeat. Monotony is something I detest with passion and well, I got trapped in it. Curses.

Hence the bright idea that we should do something new every month. For our first venture, we were split between indoor rock climbing or the reverse bungee jump. My excellent idea is to do indoor rock climbing first, then reverse bungee jump one month later. Boys and girls, this is how you shoot yourself in the foot. It appears I have a talent for this.


I haven’t tried bungee jumping before, more so a REVERSE one at that. My stomach is already churning as I'm typing this out. Can die!! Come the weekends, I’ll probably morph into this unrecognizable heap of nervous wreck. Let's hope I don’t get a bladder malfunction during the ride.

0 comments: