Thursday, March 22, 2007

insensitive

How do you tell someone he's being an insensitive bastard?? Maybe it'll help if I'm insensitive too.

It shouldn't matter. And it doesn't. But this I have to say:

Just where do you draw the line??

Friendship comes in many varieties. It would be nice if relationships are all black and white but realistically, they're all shades of gray.

Whilst I'm open to the idea of being on speaking terms again, it's not something I would embrace with arms wide open. In fact, I would be very OK if we had stopped talking from that day henceforth. I don't see how it's possible to go back to before but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I do believe it's far easier and less complicated to cut ties. Wash my hands clean just like that.

So for you to go and make me doubt myself, as to why I even bother to try, well, this is why I don't call you anymore. Deep down, I know this will not work out. My heart is just not in it. I have a lot of doubts as to the sustainability of this acquiantenceship and you have done nothing to alleviate it. Sure, we used to talk, but we were never such good friends to begin with. I get along better with the security guards down at my office.

For the moment, to you, I limit the friendship to hi-bye and how's work. If you ask me about my holiday plans or career plans or anything which I feel will give you a too personal glimpse into my private life, I may or may not want to tell you. I'm not obliged to. I will be civil but I will not be radiating with warm rays of sunshine and Care Bear rainbows.

But what are you trying to do here??

Yes, do tell me that you have recently hooked up a nice girlfriend. I will be happy for you. But don't then proceed to complain about not having enough personal time and freedom to do your own things. I heard that one before. You took a long walk around a big bush to hint that I was the root of all that misery once. And to tell me this after saying all that to me makes you a bloody hypocrite. I'm a magnanimous woman, not a saint. I don't know how to feel pity for you.

So your relationship with said girl has evolved pretty quickly. You've met each other's family, extended family, yadda yadda yadda. And what else, you've spent nights at her family home and you don't even sleep at your own place when you do go back home? You don't say. This is really something I don't have to know. It's hardly an appropriate topic for small talk and borders on too much information. Why you felt compelled to share all this with me, I don't know.

I seriously think you're fucking with my mind. It pisses me off big time hearing all your stupid ranting. When I said you're the worst person in the whole world, I truly mean it although it sounded like spoken in jest. My feelings aside, don't you find it very disrespectful to her? How would she feel if she knew the things you told me? For who speaks of their new beloved in such fashion?

I wouldn't want to be her. And I'm glad I no longer wear her shoes.

0 comments: