Friday, March 16, 2007

lose some to win some

3 months notice?? 3 whole months??!! Can I say I don't want it???

Erm.... I can't say I'm estatic. But I don't have a good enuf reason to be upset too. Besides, it's generally accepted as "good news". It's just hard to feel positive when you're sleep deprived, when you've got nothing but work and deadlines on your mind, and every damn dusty thing is getting sucked into your lungs coz the nasal passage is blocked for the past 2 days.

Not feeling very articulate at all.

Today I got called to the boss' room, again. What could it be this time? I scrambled for my notebook and tried my darnest to remember all the key deadlines of projects under my care.

"Here you go, your letter." Oh.

"Heh, I thought you were gonna give me more work."

"Well, that will come. With this, you gotta work harder now." You mean I haven't been working hard enuf?? There must be something in the law that says it's a crime if a person put in an X amount of time in the office. An abnormally excessive X amount.

"But I HAVE been working hard since late last year." OK, on second thoughts I shouldn't have said that. Tongue faster than brain... it's a flaw I cannot fix. I sound like a whiner. She smiled. I wonder what it meant. Is that an acknowledgement? Or a "you'll see" smirk?

All I really really want now is to jet away to some island which is so extremely isolated from civilization that there's no cellular coverage or internet access. Must have DVD player tho coz I'm bringing along my Grey's Anatomy collection. I'll wear only boardshort, bikini top and flip flop all day every day and learn to surf. When I'm hungry I'll walk along the stretch of beach cafes and enter whichever establishment that strikes my fancy. I'll order pina coloda and read Haruki Murakami and Milan Kundera and Kiran Desai. Yes, ALL of them. When night falls, I'll gaze up on the millions of stars blanketing the sky like diamonds, and mull about how very very tiny and insignificant we really are.

Sounds like I need a holiday in Bali. But must throw phone away.

Hawaii oso can. But seriously must throw phone away.

0 comments: