Sunday, November 07, 2010

London 2010: Shopping, dinner

Oxford Street is a shopping street in central London and is probably the best place to head to, for moi at least. It has 3 H&M stores! Three, tiga, san! There could be more though.

Oxford Street starts from the Tottenham Court Rd tube station all the way to Mable Arch tube station. I only got as far as Oxford Circus tube station and that's only halfway. Wish I could've shopped more but my bags were getting really heavy and I promised I would be back round 5pm so we could head out to dinner. In fact I was already running late but I know by now things happen when there's H&M, heh.

Anyway, guess where my hosts took me?


#1. Is it who you think it is? Yes, it's Jamie of Jamie Oliver! I have a couple of his cook books so I guess you can call me a fan.

The place is cozy and super crowded. We didn't make a reservation so we hung out at the bar a bit, chit chatting and taking pictures while waiting for a table. London has a lot of these Michelin star celebrity chef restaurants and Jamie's Italian is one of the more affordable ones. According to Dav, one of the must-try is Heston Blumenthal's The Fat Duck, where a full dinner course will set you back by at least £180 and you have to make a reservation months in advance.


#2. We had some lovely scallop and squid ink pasta, carbonara with some fat spaghetti, fried squids AND truffle fries. I've heard of truffles a lot and this is the first time I tried anything with truffles in/on it. With all hubbub surrounding truffles, I expected it to blow me away at first bite but I find myself struggling to figure out what they're supposed to taste like. Inferior taste buds, wattudu.


#3. Picture with my hosts, Dav and Steph :)

It was a good dinner. It's kinda like a farewell dinner for me as I'll be flying off tomorrow. Sobs~~ can't believe my holiday is coming to an end already.

Thanks guys, for taking care of me. Love you much!


#4. My haul for the day. The green bag has all the foodstuff from Marks & Spencer, a pile of clothes from H&M and cheap books from Waterstones.

0 comments: