Saturday, June 16, 2012

building a mystery

The other day, I sent out an invite to The BF for a mystery date. We've been kinda bogged down with work lately and so I thought I'd do a little something to mix things up a bit.



Then, he started asking funny questions. Where's the place? They look like coordinates. Well, you're supposed to use a GPS to find the location. Do I have to go on time, or can it be earlier or later? Well, preferably on time. Do you know where it is? Yes, sort of, but I've not been there. What time you'll be there? Are we going together? o_O

See, he thought it was an invite to some sort of corporate event, because the invite looks professionally done *ahem ahem*. Actually it's just a stock template from powerpoint, but I appreciate the compliment all the same :D

After the Oh-I-See moment, he then tried to suss out the name of the restaurant from me. Multiple times; so much so I almost regretted setting up a mystery date. What if I parked at the wrong spot? It's OK. What if I can't find you? You will. What if I got the wrong street? You won't. In short, he's the sort of person who likes surprises but can't stand the anticipation. Try and try as he might, he got nada, muahahaha.

Anyway, dinner was at Vintry Ampang. We shared a lovely cereal prawns, special sausage platter, tom yum spaghetti and knocked back a glass of wine each. It was mid-week after all.

0 comments: