Sunday, July 15, 2012

project 33A: reading nook

Pinterest is really a source of inspiration for me at the moment. I'm so in love with these right now.



We have a small balcony that's pretty useless (it overlook only the pond, which we intend to have covered up) and we know it will only end up abandoned and someone will have to eventually wash it sometimes. Thanks to Pinterest, we're now thinking of turning it into a cozy reading nook.



I also want a giant girly lamp to go with it, like the above. It'll look super good and arsty fartsy in daytime but by night, sexy shadows! Both look like projects I could so totally do. The doily lamp is all the rage at the moment but people have also wrote about how it failed spectacularly. The origami chandelier is probably harder to fail but I wonder how many birds I'll have to fold to get the desired effect.

However, it matters not, coz I've decided to make both, in good time *grins.

This is so exciting!

0 comments: